Monday 7 April 2014

Painting Joy


"Sing me a Song" Art Postcards & Prints available here





At this time of year every time I step into my garden I discover a new little flower that makes my heart skip a beat!  The Bluebells are just starting to open, the pale yellow Primroses are still going (they have flowered all Winter!), the wild Geraniums are filling the air with their beautiful scent.  The tiniest but most perfect little flowers are the Forget Me Nots.  I get such a thrill to pick a tiny bunch of flowers from my own space to enjoy in my Studio.  They looked so beautiful I have pressed a few (I've done this since I was a child) and felt pulled to painting them.  

I love that absorbed feeling when I paint and hours flutter past as fast as the blink of an eye.  Today has been like that, painting without an end goal because I just felt I needed to for my soul when I looked at these flowers.

I have had such pleasure painting today that I would love you too to share in this Joy, so I think I will turn them into something fun.... another day.

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the world.
I always love to read your comments, what are you enjoying most in your little patch?
Catherine
x



1 comment:

victorian parlor II said...

How lovely:)!

Blessings,

Kim